Wednesday 2 June 2010

The honest truth.

I really am ugly. I have just spent 10 minutes staring at myself in the bathroom mirror and I see nothing I like. I know, every girl can do this. But I really am plain-jane from head to toe. My hair is flat and I can't do anything about it to make it better. I lack the skill that other girls seem to have naturally. My face is boring, apart from my tempermental complexion, there is nothing pretty or beautiful about it. My body is too thin, you can count my ribs through a t-shirt and yet my tummy is fat. My hip bones protrude and I carry too much weight on my thighs. I am 5ft 6inches. Average height for a female, average weight, average shoe size. Plain and boring. I don't know why anyone would look twice at me if they passed me in the street.
Funny thing is I have surrounded myself with friends who also would'nt be looked twice at. My 'fat' friends who have beautiful eyes, or gorgeous natural red hair or a sparkling sense of humour. A lanky friend of 6ft 6inches who always has a kind word. An abrubt, rude friend who has a beautiful smile, even more special because you seldom get to see it. I can find beauty in these people, I can pinpoint something good in total strangers. And yet I can't see it within myself.
Except for my eyelashes. They are long like the fake ones used on models in mascara adverts. I never have to curl them with medievil torture devices and I rarely wear make-up on them. I have my Mother to thank for that genetic hand-me-down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment