Thursday 3 February 2011

Not yours, Mine.

I would say that I have a jealous streak in My character, or perhaps just a bit too overprotective. If something is mine, then it is definatly mine and you can't have it. Not even to borrow. There are few things to which this rule is paramount - My biros/pens, My time and My boyfriend.
This little episode started pretty much when I got together with 'M'. There is a mutual friend at work who was over the moon for us when we got together, she was also the first person I confided in when I found out I was pregnant. She and 'M' have worked together at the store before I really got to know either of them so they have been really good friends since then. She has a bubbly, flirty personality and is kind helpfull and supportive to all her friends. In fact there probably is'nt a bad bone in her body which also makes me feel totally unreasonable at the moment.
Some of her comments are a bit too flirty. She is very touchy-feely, she'll touch 'M's arm when she's talking to him. She has made other comments which may be innocent about running off with 'M' and I know she is only joking. But it makes Me see red instantly. When they are both on a late shift, she will spend most of the evening on the phone to his department nattering to him. When I'm on a late shift with 'M' I get on with My job. If he has done something different with his hair she'll say ''Ohh, I like your hair'' and then fiddle with it. Inside I'm screaming ''GET YOUR HANDS OFF HIM!!!!!'' on the outside I force a very fake smile and suggest she go and earn her wages.
This has been going on for a few months and has slowly been eating away at Me. I mentioned it to other colleagues and they replyed just as I expected them to: ''Oh don't worry about it, she's like that with everyone'' and other comments about how she's always flirty and over-friendly. Ok then. So I'll just put up with it shall I??
Yesterday was the final straw. She came round to the supervisor desk all bubbly and excited and asked if she could go on her break at that time so she could spend it with 'M'. My smile faded to a look of stony hatred as I slammed the paperwork I was holding onto the desk. My manager and co-supervisor went silent and looked from Me to her and back again waiting to see what I'd do. ''yeah, why not'' I said, trying to keep it professional. Because after all it was a personal issue and not a work one that was the problem here. She knew something had upset Me and said she'd take her break later but I made her go just to get rid of her. I muttered under My breath that just because her Bf was'nt there did'nt mean that she had free liberty to borrow mine. I spent the rest of My shift avoiding her and just getting on with My work. I would speak to her because within work it is'nt an issue really, just a personal one. 'M' also thought that he had upset Me. I explained it all to him when he got home. He said that she has always been like that. I replyed that Hitler was always a power hungry, racist little shit but some people did'nt want to put up with that either.
I know there is'nt anything going on other than her flirty comments and and touchy-feely arm patting etc and she did'nt realise that it annnoyed me because it was done in innocence. But it get's right up My snout and enrages Me. At least I can blame My hormones for overreacting when I start breaking peoples faces over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment